As a busy, stay-at-home mother of five, (including two, busy, stay-at-home pre-schoolers) this is a place I can record my thoughts before they leave me. It may be that really profound thought I have with no one to share it with or the question I want to remember to ask someone before getting interrupted. And most recently its the place that I can record our journey to bring baby brother(s) home.

Friday, April 10, 2009

RV Vacation Day 7 :(

The Bus

Day 7 and we're packing up and buckling everything down for the drive home in the morning. Tonight we did a clean out of the refrigerator for dinner plus tater tots and chicken tenders in the nifty convection microwave oven. (Okay, the only down side to the convection microwave that I was so excited to learn to use is that when all 7 of us are here it's almost impossible to get enough food hot at one time.)

We spent a good part of the day at the beach. The weather was not as nice as yesterday but still okay. There was a double red flag so no one could go in the water. Thank goodness there was another "hot tub" for the girls to play in. Elizabeth did some more beach dancing (this has got to be one of the most hilarious things I have seen her do so I will post it once I'm home) and Anna seemed to be mesmerized by watching the ocean today. No sand art today.

It's probably time for us to head home. I think everyone except for me, Matthew and Anna have some sunburn. Elizabeth has turned into her Malibu Baby bronze with a pink nose and shoulders. Anna has turned several shades darker in spite of us using SPF 50 on her. I think the only way I escaped the burn is that I never stayed still enough on the beach for the sun's rays to catch me! And Mark, who sets the world's worse example for using sun protection, got his burn the first day.

Well, the glitters almost all gone and I actually think I'm going to miss living in this 34 x 8 1/2 foot space (actually I guess it's more than 8 1/2 foot wide with the sliders out). It's been fun being this close to my big kids (okay they probably don't think so) and life just seems so much simpler on the RV. Okay, so maybe I'll give this camping thing a second...
Beach Dancing by Elizabeth

1 comment:

Nanette R. said...

I've loved following your blog this week. Please go on another vacation soon so we can read about your adventures! :-)