As a busy, stay-at-home mother of five, (including two, busy, stay-at-home pre-schoolers) this is a place I can record my thoughts before they leave me. It may be that really profound thought I have with no one to share it with or the question I want to remember to ask someone before getting interrupted. And most recently its the place that I can record our journey to bring baby brother(s) home.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

RV Vacation Day Four

Day 4 so far has been rather calm. The girls slept in a little later (maybe it was 7). Mark, who is the early riser in our family got up with them and I managed to sleep in a little. Today is the coldest day here this week so we decided to take the kids to the outlet mall not too far from here. I think everyone else in Destin had the same thought as it was so crowded in the stores you really had to want something bad to stand in the lines. After probably an hour and cookie from Mrs. Fields later, Mark decided to take the little ones home (ie the RV home). Mary Grace had hooked up with some friends and Matthew was there with his buddies. Ben said he'd stay with me (in case I needed him to carry any bags) and we'd walk home later.

Ben suffered through a couple of stores like The Childrens Place and Osh Kosh and I suffered through GNC and Sunglass Hut. When it came time to leave Mary Grace and Matthew had arranged a ride back with their friends. Ben and I set out to cross busy Hwy 98. Mark had suggested one route back (which I was supportive of) and Ben had a "shortcut" route he was sure of. Not like I'm not fresh from faux short cut experience but I went along with Ben until we came to a deadend sidewalk and construction and the only other option was walking along the busy highway. After some arguing with Ben we turned around and went the way Mark suggested. By this time we'd probably walked the entire distance twice and I could hardly feel my toes since I was wearing flip flops (you would think - Florida - all I need are open toe shoes wouldn't you?) We did finally make it home safe and sound and still on speaking terms. You may be wondering what Mark did with the girls all afternoon. From the looks of the RV he made them grill cheese sandwiches, played bubbles, and took a walk to the beach. Hmmm - shopping with teenagers or playing with exhausted toddlers? - I'd say its a toss up today. By the way, Mark's enjoying his nap in the back on the sleep number. I think I may curl up in the fetal position and take a short nap on the glitter/crushed Chez-Its dinette s...

No comments: