As a busy, stay-at-home mother of five, (including two, busy, stay-at-home pre-schoolers) this is a place I can record my thoughts before they leave me. It may be that really profound thought I have with no one to share it with or the question I want to remember to ask someone before getting interrupted. And most recently its the place that I can record our journey to bring baby brother(s) home.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

We're On the Road Again

Well we're back in the RV for another road trip so that could only mean it's time to blog again. George Lopez marathon is on the dish and the girls are tucked snuggly in bed. We left this morning and are in route to Pine Cove family camp for the 8th year in a row. 17 straight meals in a row that I don't have to cook, great college kids who love all over our kids, fun on the lake, cattle drives, reunited with old friends, enjoying new friends and no TV, internet, email, facebook and limited cell phone!

This year our good friends Susie, Barry, Annie and Lilly are joining us in the RV for the trip down. I'm not sure who has enjoyed having the friends along more - Mark enjoyed having a male to talk to who wasn't laid out in the back playing xBox or sleeping. Mary Grace loved hanging out with Annie and Lilly, I enjoyed visiting with Susie, and the girls enjoyed everyone! The ride home will sure be different as they are returning to TN via Alaska! Before you ask, no they are not spending the night on the RV (we're close, but not that close!) Tonight we also met some other FBC friends (the Waggoner's) at the Cracker Barrel to celebrate Liz's birthday before both of those families headed to a local hotel. I expect their hotel is nice since it's brand new but I know they would be extremely disappointed when they find out that our KOA kampground has it's own RV Art Gallery.

Tomorrow we'll head on to Tyler, TX and the fun will begin when the gate opens at 3. I can't wait to see the faces on the counselors when we pull the big bus up the camp entrance. It's always fun to see the face of the guy who is in charge of parking your vehicle!

I also thought I'd include an update on the adoption. As of right now we are officially waiting. All of our paperwork (dossier) has been submitted and approved by the agency. We've filed our application for a visa (for little brother to come home) with Homeland Security. We did learn this week that the Ethiopian court is officially closed until the end of Sept. They do this every year around this time in conjuction with the Ethiopian New Year. It apparently varies from year to year as to how long they close for and they don't announce it until they are ready to close. What this means to us is that adoptions pretty much come to a halt during this period. We are #47 on the waiting list for boys and #44 on the waiting list for siblings. Mark is convinced we will get brothers. However, the social worker informed me they don't see too many sibling groups. I think if we end up with 2 little brothers it will undoubtably be a God thing. We shall see!

Well with that I'll say goodnight and sign off my computer for a whole week!

1 comment:

KT said...

you do know I grew up near Tyler, worked there, nearly went to school there and have friends there
enjoy!